What I wrote yesterday, and the purpose of this blog:
1/28/11
Today was a very intensely emotional day for me, and I ate off plan. I was really upset with myself for throwing way almost a month of good work, and I started to get depressed and discouraged, but then I realized that this problem always comes up when I diet, and then I just give up. This time I will not give up.
I realized that I have not done OWL correctly for I misunderstood (according to the New Atkins New You book) that the first rung on the OWL carb ladder is nuts and seeds when the original Atkins carb ladder starts with just more veggies. I also supplied much of my Induction diet (though only once a day) with Atkins bars and shakes.
I now plan on doing a one week Induction to get myself back into ketosis, and then slowly work myself up the rungs of the TRUE carb ladder. I no longer trust the "New Atkins" because it seems like it is going against the real Atkins by diving headfirst into making the diet 'marketable'. So I am turning against it and going by the diet that Atkins meant originally.
Tomorrow I will start induction, and I will be planning my meals and making sure that 15 of my carbs will come from vegetables. I will do it by the book this time and I WILL be successful.
List of things I need to buy next week:
ketosis strips
new scale
The New Atkins Diet Revolution (old book)
grocery shopping for appropriate OWL food
Too bad my mom was trying to be nice and bought me 5 Atkins bars while out today :\ I might have them occasionally, but not on induction. That goes for shakes too. They will only be used for emergencies later on after I've gotten through this mess. I do however have plenty of stuff to get me through the weekend safely.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.