I attempted to restart on 1/2, and made it through only five days (though it wasn't particularly good as I was having too much Splenda) because I simply did not have the money to buy more special food for myself (I have had a large income gap due to school). Unfortunately I believe I have gained most of the weight back but now that I have money I am DETERMINED to get through Induction by the book so that I can start Phase 1 around when school starts up again in the 24th.
I know this works and I know this is the right weight loss regime for me, so I have to just do it! This time with no artificial sweeteners outside of my liquid stevia drops.
ugh, my mother is giving me crap about not being able to eat her bean soup (which honestly, isn't that good to begin with) when we go to visit my employer at his home tomorrow. She obviously doesn't seem to understand how important this is to me, and that simply because I can't eat her soup doesn't mean I am a bad daughter. (Though I do admit, I used to refuse her cooking all the time when I was a teenager to rebel against her, since she is/was very controlling).
I have waited too long to start back in induction, and now that it is my first day I am not going to postpone it further simply because of her stupid soup. I'm sure she will find another reason to try and delay my weight loss efforts.
I bought travel sized liquid Stevia drops to combat the Splenda problem.
1/8/11 stats:
a cup of coffee with 1tb heavy cream and liquid stevia. [.7, .4, 0]
2 eggs scrambled with 1oz heavy cream and 1tb of shredded parmesan [1.2, .8, .2]
2 slices TJ's turkey bacon [0]
lunch:
Broccoli chicken and cheese casserole
[1 cup boiled broccoli - 3.2, cubed chicken - 0, lite cheddar cheese - .7, shredded parmesan- .4, 1tb lite mayo - 1 ]
Dinner:
(chinese) steamed broccoli and chicken, but really not much [3]
snack:
Atkins bar (chocolate peanut butter) [2]
Cabot horseradish cheese [1.4]
chai tea with 2 tb heavy cream and liquid stevia [.8]
total: 15.8
I know that's low, but I am satisfied and so not hungry. Yay for a great first day!
We'll see how things go tomorrow when I have to go to my employer's for lunch!
I am planning on eating before hand so I don't get tempted, then I will eat whatever I am able to at his house, drinking lots of tea (with some liquid stevia from my purse, if I need to).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 2: I'm sitting here with my cup of coffee (Trader Joe's Fair Trade Organic is SO GOOD), excited about getting paid, yet a bit anxious about how the lunch thing will play out. My employer comes from a Caribbean/Indian culture where it is rude to not eat at someone's house, so I decided to eat some of my mom's soup, but only the broth. I will fill up on tea though, because there is always a huge abundance of that!
I may end up having an Atkins bar for breakfast, even though I planned to have them only occasionally.
Stats for 1/9/11:
coffee with 1 tb heavy cream, .5 splenda (accident!), liquid stevia [.4, .5, 0]
Atkins Bar Chocolate PB [2]
lunch:
bit of mom's bean soup (mostly broth) [4]
sf gum [2]
dinner:
rest of chicken and broccoli casserole [4]
cheese [2]
tea with cream [1]
[total: 16]
may have some egg salad later. Will go grocery shopping tomorrow since I got paid!
Another successful Induction day! (if you don't count a couple of stray beans!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 3:
did some errands today, got some Atkins advantage shakes for emergencies.
ETA (end of day): My clothes are already starting to feel loose!
Stats for 1/10/11:
1.5 cup of coffee with 1tb heavy cream and liquid stevia. [1, .4, 0]
2 eggs scrambled with 2tb heavy cream [1.2, .8, ]
2 slices TJ's turkey bacon [0]
salad at Au Bon Pain
romaine, asiago, grilled chicken, chopped tomato and cucumber, a bit of caesar dressing
[.6, .7, 0, 3, 1, 2]
2 hardboiled eggs [1.2]
mayo [1]
Atkins Advantage bar - [2]
bit of smoked Gouda [2]
total: 16.7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 4! Feeling great! Not sure when I will weigh in, probably Saturday when I hit the 1 week mark.
1/11/11 stats:
breakfast:
2 cups (10 oz) of coffee with 2tb heavy cream, 1 splenda, and liquid stevia. [1.4, .8, 1, 0]
2 eggs scrambled with 1oz heavy cream and 1tb of shredded parmesan [1.2, .8, .2]
2 slices TJ's turkey bacon [0]
lunch:
Atkins advantage shake [2]
extra sharp cabot cheese [2]
sf gum [2]
dinner:
can of tuna, 3 tbs mayo, 5 or 6 stalks of steamed broccoli, 3 tbs shredded cheese, nuked [0, 3, 3, 1 ]
total: 18.4
replacing splenda with liquid stevia really has made a difference! I don't crave sweets as much, and my clothes are feeling looser. It's odd (but great) that I have such a loss of appetite that I haven't been hungry enough to meet my 20 net carb a day limit!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 5: getting there!
3 eggs with a few tbs of skim milk (only milk there was at BF's house) [1.8, 3]
bacon [2]
atkins advantage shake [2]
sf gum [4]
turkey burger with cheese [1]
broccoli [2]
piece of Cabot sharp cheddar [1]
2 hardboiled eggs [1.2]
total: 18
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 6:
home alone today. May go out to eat later with my boyfriend. I really have to remind myself to eat, I hardly ever have any sugar cravings!
My possible first weigh in may be tomorrow since it will be one week!
stats for 1/13/11:
2 cups of coffee with 2tb heavy cream and splenda. [1.4, .8, 2]
2 eggs scrambled with 1oz heavy cream and 1tb of shredded parmesan [1.2, .8, .2]
2 slices TJ's turkey bacon [0]
Atkins Advantage shake (mocha) [2]
some sharp cheddar [1]
bacon cheeseburger with no bun
small side salad with caesar dressing
sf ice cream with sf hot fudge (shouldn't have done this, I paid later!)
total: 20
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Katy!
Weighed in, I've lost 12 pounds so far! This is the weight I was at when I had to quit Atkins before Xmas. Woohoo! *hoping to be below 160 before school starts!*
I'll be going to Trader Joe's later to get some snacks for my friend's house (which I will be at tonight!) and possibly stock up on some overall supplies.
Day 7:
Atkins Advantage shake [2]
3 eggs scrambled; no milk [1.2]
3 pieces maple smoked bacon [1]
atkins advantage bar [2]
cream cheese and celery (went a little nuts on this)
cheddar cheese [2]
turkey burger with cheese [1]
total: 25 (eek)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 8: Today was a bit disasterous. I had a pretty bad stomach bug, so after breakfast all I could really eat was some toast. My carb intake for today was around 30. I really hope this doesn't set me back too far, I'll just stay in induction for a few more days until the 24th and I should be fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 9: To recompensate for yesterday I will do a clean induction today (and hereafter)
1.5 cups coffee with 1 oz heavy cream and 1tbs splenda
[1, .8, 1]
3 scrambled eggs with 1 oz heavy cream [1.8, .8]
Atkins Advantage bar [2]
can of tuna, 3 tbs mayo, 5 or 6 stalks of steamed broccoli, 3 tbs shredded cheese, nuked [0, 3, 3, 1 ]
sharp cheddar cheese [2]
[16.4]
I'm really not all that hungry today.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 10: Again, not hungry! Not much energy either, so I need to eat more veggies. I am feeling much thinner, I can't wait to weigh in on Friday!
Atkins Advantage bar [2]
3 eggs scrambled with 1 tbs cream and 1 tbs parmesan [1.8, .4,]
2 cups coffee with 3 oz heavy cream
I had to used canned chicken instead of tuna for my 'casserole' thing and I don't know what it is (I have made this before with no problem) but I just can't get it down. I've had around 5 carbs before this, so I have no idea. I'm just so NOT HUNGRY. Like to the point that when I try to eat something my body says "NO!". *sigh* I guess its not a bad thing though, it just worries me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I might actually weigh in tomorrow morning instead though, because I'm unexpectedly at my boyfriend's house tonight (he has the scale).
Day 11: Again, not hungry. Though my stomach felt kind of sick in the morning after my breakfast (which was just an atkins bar)
Atkins Advantage bar (Choc. PB) [2]
1 cup of coffee with heavy cream and 1 splenda [.7, .4, 1]
Mozz Stick [1]
sf gum [3]
1/2 Chicken Caesar salad [5]
beef burger with pepper jack and Guldens mustard [2]
pepperoni [2]
sf gum (have to quit this) [2]
19.1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 12:
Okay first problem to report. I weighed in today instead of Friday, though I probably should have waited. I weigh the same, 168. I am also a bit constipated, and I have had issues before with my boyfriend's parents old scale, so I'm not sure its accurate. I KNOW I have lost more since last Friday, when I weighed in at 168.
I need to get a new scale that is accurate, and I need to eat more vegetables and fiber. I only have 3 or 4 days to go until I officially start OWL (for the first time) so I can make it! This is the point in my last attempts with Atkins, where I would give up, because of this stupid plateau and getting frustrated.
Well I took some psyllium husks, so here's hoping I'm actually 166 or 165.
For today, I am still at the boyfriends' (so not many healthy things to eat). I am however, contemplating venturing out (walking, as I have no car) into the rain to get a salad somewhere. Eating Atkins ideally is kind of a hopeless cause at my boyfriend's parents' house. I didn't bring anything with me because I wasn't supposed to be sleeping over, but I ended up doing just that. Okay rant over, here are my added goals to get over this plateau, if it even is a plateau:
1. Drink more water. No more diet soda.
2. Be careful with sf sweeteners, only 3 a day. No more sf gum.
3. buy a new scale (this may not happen for a few weeks because I won't have money til then, but I might be able to weigh myself at the school gym a few times)
1/19/11
2 boiled eggs with salt [1.2]
Atkins Advantage bar [2]
salad with iceberg, red cabbage, 1 can tuna, 2 tbs mayo, garlic powder, 1 serving pepperoni [.6, 1.4, 0, 1, 2]
Cauliflower with cheese (cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, chopped cooked cauliflower, baked for 15 minutes) [4, 1, 1, 1.6]
1 sugar free werthers [2?]
17.8
Drank lots of water today and ate lots of veggies, so hopefully this will stir things up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 13:
Went today! (sorry TMI lol)
I bought an old Atkins cookbook (well, like 1995-ish) for only 50 cents yesterday! I have some really good ideas from it for Phase 2 meals. For some reason the introduction about the Atkins diet is so much clearer than the newest version!
today: not too hungry, hopefully the plateau was a combo of constipation and the fact that my TOM is due soon.
1/20/11
5 slices of bacon [0]
2 hardboiled eggs [1.2]
1.5 cups coffee with 1 tbs heavy cream and 1 tbs splenda [1, .6, 1]
cauli-roni and cheese [6]
Atkins Advantage bar [2]
salad with 3 slices crumbled bacon, shredded cheese and parmesan dressing [1, 0, 1, 3]
cheese [2]
earl grey tea with 2 tbs heavy cream and liquid stevia [.8]
sf candy [3]
total: 22.6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 14: Even though I am technically through with Induction now, I am extending it for two days to break my plateau before I start OWL. Since I haven't had the cleanest Induction (due to too much artificial sweeteners, too much coffee, not enough veggies, etc,) I will attempt to do a very clean last two days. That means no artificial sweeteners (other than steviaclear), no sf candy or gum, and much veggies and more water!
Since I also have an Atkins cookbook that I like, I will attempt to use some of its suggested menus and portion sizes.
1/21/11
1 cup of coffee with 1 tbs heavy cream and steviaclear [.7, .4, 0]
4 slices bacon [0]
2 eggs scrambled with 1 tbs heavy cream [1.2, .4]
cream cheese [3]
tuna (with mayo), broccoli, cheese casserole [0, 1, 4, 1]
Atkins Advantage bar [2]
pepperoni [1]
total: 14.7
Feels like I am getting back on track, but TOM hasn't come yet... :/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 15: I bought strawberries and raspberries and little almond packs for when I start Phase 2 on Monday! Woohoo!
I haven't weighed in since the 168 fiasco, but I also haven't given up and I feel thinner. I think I will wait until next Friday to weigh in again. Hopefully it will be a good surprise!
2 cups coffee with 2 tbs half and half [1.4, 1.2]
Breakfast at IHOP: 3 pieces bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, 1 piece ham, 2 sausage links [0, 4 (due to milk they probably used), 0, 2 (due to possible sugar)]
Atkins Advantage Bar [2]
1 cup broccoli with 1 oz shredded cheddar [4.2, 1]
1 chicken breast with 2 strips bacon wrapped around, baked [0, 0]
cream cheese [3]
2 cups tea with light cream and liquid stevia [0, 2, 0]
[20.8]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 16: Last day of Induction. I may weigh using my scale here at home tomorrow morning, hopefully it won't be a disaster.
I'm going to read my Atkins book tonight to make sure I start Phase 2 right. I have serving sized packs of almonds and I bought lots of frozen berries for the next couple of rungs.
Today I had 21.1 carbs. I am just too tired to type it all out.
Feeling thinner again, but only the scale will tell if I am still at 168 or not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First day of OWL!
[I am writing this on my 2nd day of OWL because I was too exhausted to make a post last night!]
I SHOULD NOT have weighed myself on my old crap digital scale. First it said that I weighed 166.5 (which would not have been bad) then I weighed again and it said 170! tried it one more time and it said 170. And I have obviously lost weight. My clothes are looser and people are noticing that I am much thinner. So I am swearing off all scales until I can use the school gym scale, or buy a reliable scale. I may start doing measurements just to see SOMETHING go down. I however, am going to guess that I am at the most, 165 lbs and leave it at that.
I was (and still am) very nervous to start phase 2, but I am trying to do it by the book. The only new thing I had was 20 raw almonds. It was actually kind of hard to eat 25 carbs. I was so full on 21!
2 eggs scrambled with light cream [1.2, .6]
2 cups coffee with light cream and steviaclear [1.4, 1.2]
20 almonds [3]
tea with half n half and 2 splenda [.2, 2, 2]
big chicken caesar salad with pesto - [5]
Atkins Advantage bar [2]
piece of cheddar cheese [1]
2 boiled eggs with mayo [3]
[22.6]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 2 of OWL
Still waiting for TOM. I read somewhere on here that going on Atkins can really mess up your cycle initially. Taking Dong Quai, so hopefully that will help.
just my same old boring breakfast of 1.5 cups coffee and 2 scrambled eggs. I have found myself wishing I had some kind of veggie to put in my eggs, and I REALLY need more bacon...
Atkins Advantage shake with 1 tbs natural sf PB (I know, shouldn't of had it..) and 1 packet splenda [ 2, 2, 1]
Tuna Broccoli 'casserole' [6]
cheesecake 'pudding' (3 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup light cream, 1 tbs splenda granulated (meant to only use 1tsp and add stevia clear to taste!) ) [2.4, 2, 3]
decaf earl grey with touch of light cream and stevia clear [.3]
[23.7]
Today is my day off from eating nuts, but I will really try to eat more veggies and get my carb count up to 25. (I am just so sick of broccoli but that's really all I have!).
ETA: I am hereby banning Atkins bars from my menus, because I've realized they have been stalling me a bit. I will continue to have an occasional shake though (like 2 times a week) because they don't seem to have the same effect as the bars.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 3 of OWL
Snow day so I am home today.
[20]
Again, too tired to type everything out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 4: Another snow day. At boyfriend's.
I am getting frustrated because my home scale says I weigh 160 and my boyfriend's parents' scale says I weigh 168!? My boyfriend's parents' scale really likes to tell me I am 168, as that is all I've been according to it for WEEKS now, when I have obviously lost weight.
I remember when I measured my waist right before Christmas, and that was 37.5" so I just measured again (no sucking in) and I am now 35"!! So I have lost weight and the scale isn't lying to me!
Just so I have this on record, my current stats are
waist: 35"
hips: 42" (I didn't measure this before I don't think)
I just have to keep going. I'm not going to weigh myself on those scales anymore because they are inaccurate and it makes me feel awful even though I am obviously much thinner and my clothes feel much looser. I will try and see if I can weigh myself at the school gym next week to get an accurate number, and then I will buy that awesome 5 star reviewed scale on Amazon when I get money next week.
Today:
3 egg omelet (no milk) with cheddar cheese [3.8]
pepperoni [1]
Atkins Advantage shake [2]
2 chicken veggie patties with cheese [5]
coffee with 3 splenda and cream [1.4, 3, 2]
3 hardboiled eggs
2 tbs mayo
four leaves of romaine lettuce
[23]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.